5409 Highway Avenue
FL 32254 Jacksonville,
Surface protection presents one of the greatest opportunities to reduce the degradation of industrial process equipment operating in corrosive and high wear service. As a Manager, Inspection & Quality Control, you will manage a crew of 5 to 8 inspectors and you will be responsible for ensuring all welding, weld cladding, metal cladding, thermal spray and coatings are applied in accordance with the standards specified. This includes the planning of quality control, inspection manpower, and subsequent applicable re-work strategies. At all times, you will ensure that all safety, quality inspection and reporting are managed to the policies and standards of Whertec and our customers.
Whertec Inc. is a technology driven surface cladding company that provides turnkey application and inspection services to the power generation, downstream oil and gas and chemical processing markets.
- Must comply with operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operation
- Prepare field inspection and test plans for mapping of NDT within vessels and boilers
- Complies, analyzes and presents history dockets, data files and reports to identify wear patterns of the equipment in service
- Develop and implement Inspection and Test Plans (ITP)
- Knowledge of ASME, ABSA, TSSA and CSA codes and standard
- Assist senior inspector with data logging and exporting of data to prepare timely customer reports.
- Troubleshoot and work through process equipment and field installation problems
- Maintain calibration, verification and certification of equipment
- Sign off on all inspection reports
- College/University degree
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)
- Experience with (RT, UT and X-Ray)
- Previous industrial inspection experience
- Must be flexible to work multiple shifts and extended overtime
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time
- Must pass a criminal background check
*Will require certain requirements to be met before applicable
- Potential to make $70,000 to $90,000 USD annually
- Benefit coverage and 401K*
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation and holidays)
- Training, development and certification renewals
- Full time opportunity
- All travel is paid by the company
- Receive daily per-diem when traveling
- Work related reimbursements (i.e. safety boots, prescription safety glasses and laundry)
The first pillar of success at Whertec - is people. We believe that if you treat people well, good things will follow. Today, more than ever, we remain focused on building our team with the best talent in the industry. Our team is hardworking, bright and eager to serve our customers well.